Last updated: September 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or plural.
● You mean the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
● Company (referred to as either "the Company," "We," "Us," or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Functional Physical Therapy, LLC.
● Application means the software program provided by the Company downloaded by You on any electronic device, named A.I. Chatbot.
● Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest, or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
● Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
● Service refers to the Application.
● Country refers to: United States.
● Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
● Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
● Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. For the purposes of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
● Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, a cell phone, or a digital tablet.
● Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
● Do Not Track (DNT) is a concept that has been promoted by U.S. regulatory authorities, in particular the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC), for the Internet industry to develop and implement a mechanism for allowing internet users to control the tracking of their online activities across websites.
● Business, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), refers to the Company as the legal entity that collects Consumers' personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of Consumers' personal information or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers' personal information, that does business in the State of California.
● Consumer, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means a natural person who is a California resident. A resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
● Sale, for the purpose of the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act), means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a Consumer's Personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
● Email address.
● First name and last name.
● Phone number.
● Usage Data.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device's unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with your prior permission:
• Information regarding your location.
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company's servers and/or a Service Provider's server, or it may be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time through Your Device settings.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
• To provide and maintain our Service, including monitoring the usage of our Service.
• To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
• For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance, and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items, or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
• To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
• To provide You with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events that we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
• To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. We may share your personal information in the following situations:
• With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, for payment processing, and to contact You.
• For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services, or promotions.
• With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures, and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You, and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data Business
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
● Comply with a legal obligation.
● Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company.
● Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
● Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public.
● Protect against legal liability.
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing, promotional materials, and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any or all of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to You.
Your Rights under the CCPA
• The right to notice. You must be properly notified of which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
• The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third party for the third party's direct marketing purposes.
• The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section or web page.
• The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected.
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Data.
- Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You.
· The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months.
• The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer's rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You.
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
IIn order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email or call us or visit our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" section or web page.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that "sells" personal information as defined by the CCPA law. If you wish to opt-out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below. Please note that any opt-out is specific to the browser You use. You may need to opt out of every browser that you use.
You can opt-out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the Service:
• From Our "Cookie Consent" notice banner.
• Or from Our "CCPA Opt-out" notice banner.
• Or from Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" notice banner.
• Or from Our "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" link.
The opt-out will place a cookie on Your computer that is unique to the browser You use to opt-out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt-out again.
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt-out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
• "Opt out of Interest-Based Ads" or "Opt out of Ads Personalization" on Android devices.
• "Limit Ad Tracking" on iOS devices.
You can also stop the collection of location information from Your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
"Do Not Track" Policy as Required by California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Service does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
However, some third-party websites do keep track of Your browsing activities. If You are visiting such websites, You can set Your preferences in Your web browser to inform websites that You do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable DNT by visiting the preferences or settings page of Your web browser.
Your California Privacy Rights (California's Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California's Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes.
If you'd like to request more information under California's Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allows California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services, or applications to request and obtain the removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request the removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below. Please include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party sites or services.
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PT, DPT, CFMT, WCS
Gabriela completed an accelerated program at Simmons College in Boston, MA. She received a BS in Exercise Science with a minor in psychology and earned her Doctorate of Physical Therapy with Distinction in 2013. After graduation, Gabriela moved to Richmond, VA, where she completed a two-year residency program through the Institute of Physical Art. In 2015, she sat for the rigorous Functional Manual Therapy ® certification exam, passing with honors. After completing CFMT, Gabriela began taking pelvic floor classes through Herman and Wallace and expanded her treatment to male and female patients with pelvic pain, pain with sexual intercourse, colorectal dysfunction, post-partum, and urinary and fecal incontinence. In 2018, Gabriela passed the rigorous pelvic health certification exam through the American Physical Therapy Association.
In 2017, Gabriela and her husband, Matthew Van Sickle, opened Functional Physical Therapy, LLC, to provide one-on-one, individualized care for those with musculoskeletal, neurological, and pelvic floor disorders. Together, Matthew and Gabriela apply their advanced knowledge and techniques to specialize in treating patients with complex conditions who have not recovered with traditional treatment or physical therapy.
Barth, J., Stezar, G., Acierno, G., Kim, T., & Reilly, M. (2014). Mirror book therapy for the treatment of idiopathic facial palsy. Ear, Nose and Throat Journal.
PT, DPT, CFMT
As an athlete in high school, Matthew has been a patient in physical therapy multiple times. A foot surgery kept him from running outdoor track during his junior year, but it taught him how interrelated the body is and how it is essential to rehabilitate the entire body to return to peak performance.
Matthew graduated from Salisbury University in 2007 with a B.S. in Biology. He went on to receive his Doctorate of Physical Therapy from the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore, in 2010. Matthew has experience helping patients in many settings, including hospital outpatient, outpatient orthopedics, pediatric orthopedics, and sports-specific rehabilitation. Matthew's interest in manual therapy led him to take classes through the Institute of Physical Art, where he passed the rigorous Functional Manual Therapy® exam in 2016. Recognizing the importance of continuing education, Matthew is constantly looking for new, innovative ways to help patients recover more efficiently. He is currently completing Visceral manipulation and Neural manipulation courses through the Barral Institute.
In 2017, Matthew and his wife, Gabriela Van Sickle, opened Functional Physical Therapy, LLC in Rockville, Maryland, to provide one-on-one, individualized care for those with musculoskeletal, neurological, visceral, and pelvic floor disorders. Together, Matthew and Gabriela apply their advanced knowledge and techniques to specialize in treating patients with complex conditions who have not recovered with traditional treatment or physical therapy.
Caroline became interested in physical therapy when a shoulder injury from high school swimming led her to becoming a patient. She started working as an aide in a PT clinic her senior year of high school and worked there until she was accepted into PT school. She likes how PTs get to build rapport with patients and have a hands-on career.
Caroline graduated from the University of Maryland College Park in 2019 with her Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. She then went on to attend the University of Maryland Eastern Shore to obtain her Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2022.
Caroline started at Functional PT in 2023 and is currently completing advanced training in pelvic floor treatments and Functional Manual Therapy.